Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
RANGE may from time to time automatically measure and monitor network performance and the performance of Internet connections in order to improve the level of service. RANGE does not share information collected for the purpose of network or computer performance monitoring or for providing customized technical support outside of RANGE or its authorized vendors, contractors and agents.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
RANGE collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To improve level of service
- Your information helps us measure and monitor network performance and the performance of Internet connections.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic e-mails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
RANGE and its employees adhere to all applicable FCC CPNI rules and Section 222 of the Federal Communications Act. CPNI means: A) information that relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, and amount of use of a telecommunications service subscribed to by any customer of a telecommunications carrier, and that is made available to the carrier solely by virtue of the carrier-customer relationship; and B) information contained in the bill pertaining to telephone exchange service or telephone toll service received by a customer of a carrier; except that such term does not include subscriber list information (the listed names of subscribers, subscribers’ telephone numbers, addresses, or primary advertising classifications, or any combination of such listed names, numbers, addresses, or classifications; and that the RANGE has published, caused to be published, or accepted for publication in any directory format).
RANGE’S use of CPNI for marketing purposes will be limited to the types for which customer approval is not required as allowed by the FCC in 47 C.F.R Section 64.2005 and for attempting to win back former customers as allowed by the FCC in its September 3, 1999 Order on
Reconsideration and Petitions for Forbearance in CC Dockets 96-115 and 96-149 (FCC 99- 223). Customer approval is not needed for:
- Marketing service offerings among the categories of service (i.e., local and interexchange) to which the customer already subscribes from RANGE. (64.2005(a)). For broadband, RANGE may market a higher bandwidth service to customers who are consistently utilizing their full capacity at lower bandwidths.
- If the customer subscribes to more than one category of service offered by RANGE, RANGE is permitted to share CPNI among the affiliated entities that provide a service offering to the customer. (64.2005(a)(1)).
- RANGE may use CPNI to market services formerly known as adjunct-to-basic services, such as, but not limited to, speed dialing, computer-provided directory assistance, call monitoring, call tracing, call blocking, call return, repeat dialing, call tracking, call waiting, caller I.D., call forwarding, and certain centrex features. (64.2005(c)(3)).
RANGE has employed procedures and safeguards in order to achieve reasonable measures designed to discover and protect against pretexting. Pretexting means the practice of pretending to be a particular customer or other authorized person in order to obtain access to that customer’s call detail or other private communications records. For customer-initiated telephone inquiries, correct password that matches what is on file will be required before information may be provided. If the customer does not provide the correct password, RANGE will only release the requested data via a mailing to the address of record for the account, or by a call to the number of record. For in-person visits to business office, RANGE requires that the customer present valid photo identification. For online access to customer records, a password is required.
RANGE Smart Home App
RANGE collects and processes information provided directly by you when you install the App and register for an account to use the App. Specifically, this information includes:
- Your name, email address, location, user’s phone or contact book data, user’s inventory of installed apps, and user’s screen recording;
- Browser information and session cookies related to your access and use of the App;
- Data insights RANGE attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the App, which may be used in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats or to obtain trend analytics, to provide the App; and
- Use of the above-described collected information in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats to enhance our current App or to provide App features.
How RANGE Uses the App Information
- Provide you with the App as described in the Agreement;
- Implement, improve and/or enhance the App, including to make future releases available to you;
- Enforce RANGE’S rights arising from the Agreement between you and RANGE; and
- Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the App.
RANGE does not sell, trade, or rent Users’ information collected from the Smart Home App to third parties.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using our Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
2325 Front Street
Forsyth, MT 59327
Updated March 2023