Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, and such refusal may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities and RANGE from providing services.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
RANGE may from time to time automatically measure and monitor network performance and the performance of Internet connections in order to improve the level of service. RANGE does not share information collected for the sole purpose of providing Services to its authorized vendors, contractors and agents.
Information We Collect
We collect a variety of personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below. If you do not provide your personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide our Services or if we are legally required to collect it.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Registration and Profile Information. If you sign up for an account on our Services, we will receive your first and last name, valid state or federally issued ID, Social Security Number, or EIN if a business, and email address, and we will ask you to create a password. You also can add other information to an account if you choose to do so.
- Payment Information. When you add a credit card or payment method to your account, a third-party service provider that handles payments for us will receive your payment card information, such as your credit card number, security code, expiration date, and billing address.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional personal information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we may receive your first and last name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you sign up to receive emails or information about our Services, then we will collect certain personal information from you, such as your first and last name, and email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, operating system version, internet traffic data, and service usage data.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, when you use our Services, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like action history, information requested or rejected, selections made by you, log files, performance logs, diagnostic reports, the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, pages you request, the websites you visited before using our Services, and the dates, times, and durations of your visits.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Services. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties.
- Third-Party Services. You may also post or submit information through our Services that are also available through third-party platforms. If you do so, we and other users on those third-party platforms may be able to view the personal information you make available through these third-party platforms.
- Third-Party Links. If you post links to our Services in third-party software or sites, those links may provide the public with more information that we have collected or disclose and therefore may lead to the public identifying you through no fault of RANGE.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
- Use of personal information we collect.
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services, including by authenticating your access to our Services and your information stored by us, providing Services, and administering your account;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer service and support;
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials and suitable products that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as presenting tailored content;
- To conduct research to understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through our Services and use and disclose it to third parties for our business purposes;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the personal information is collected.
- Legal Bases for Processing European Information.
- GDPR. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis,” per the GDPR.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your personal information to provide you with our Services. For example, we may need to process your personal information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- How We Share the Information We Collect.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any personal information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third parties retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Users. If you submit personal information, we are not responsible for your actions which share, disclose, or make visible your information so you should carefully consider whether and what to submit on our Services and what actions you take with such information outside our Services.
- Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising Partners. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose personal information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Consent. We may also disclose personal information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
RANGE and its employees adhere to all applicable FCC CPNI rules and Section 222 of the Federal Communications Act. CPNI means: A) information that relates to the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, and amount of use of a telecommunications service subscribed to by any customer of a telecommunications carrier, and that is made available to the carrier solely by virtue of the carrier-customer relationship; and B) information contained in the bill pertaining to telephone exchange service or telephone toll service received by a customer of a carrier; except that such term does not include subscriber list information (the listed names of subscribers, subscribers’ telephone numbers, addresses, or primary advertising classifications, or any combination of such listed names, numbers, addresses, or classifications; and that the RANGE has published, caused to be published, or accepted for publication in any directory format).
RANGE’S use of CPNI for marketing purposes will be limited to the types for which customer approval is not required as allowed by the FCC in 47 C.F.R Section 64.2005 and for attempting to win back former customers as allowed by the FCC in its September 3, 1999 Order on Reconsideration and Petitions for Forbearance in CC Dockets 96-115 and 96-149 (FCC 99- 223). Customer approval is not needed for:
- Marketing service offerings among the categories of service (i.e., local and interexchange) to which the customer already subscribes from RANGE. (64.2005(a)). For broadband, RANGE may market a higher bandwidth service to customers who are consistently utilizing their full capacity at lower bandwidths.
- If the customer subscribes to more than one category of service offered by RANGE, RANGE is permitted to share CPNI among the affiliated entities that provide a service offering to the customer. (64.2005(a)(1)).
- RANGE may use CPNI to market services formerly known as adjunct-to-basic services, such as, but not limited to, speed dialing, computer-provided directory assistance, call monitoring, call tracing, call blocking, call return, repeat dialing, call tracking, call waiting, caller I.D., call forwarding, and certain centrex features. (64.2005(c)(3)).
RANGE has employed procedures and safeguards in order to achieve reasonable measures designed to discover and protect against pretexting. Pretexting means the practice of pretending to be a particular customer or other authorized person in order to obtain access to that customer’s call detail or other private communications records. For customer-initiated telephone inquiries, correct password that matches what is on file will be required before information may be provided. If the customer does not provide the correct password, RANGE will only release the requested data via a mailing to the address of record for the account, or by a call to the number of record. For in-person visits to business office, RANGE requires that the customer present valid photo identification. For online access to customer records, a password is required.
Your Rights and Choices.
- Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us providing you have created and account or otherwise established a relationship with us.
- Your European and Select State Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, California, Colorado, Montana, or another state with certain privacy rights, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to, receipt of, or the delivery of the personal information we maintain about you.
- You may update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information directly or through reasonable requests to us to do so.
- You may at any time consent to, revoke consent, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information for any reason. We will employe reasonable efforts to adhere to your request within our corporate and technology process.
- You may have your personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to a confirmed and authenticated third-party. We reserve the right to require confirmation and authentication to the extent it protects RANGE from fraudulent disclosure.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority with authority to enforce any laws, regulations, or rights you may have. At no time will we discourage, inhibit, or interfere with your right to lodge a complaint.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information at any time at not cost to you. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent nor will it impact our efforts to provide Services if such Services can be provided after consent has been withdrawn.
- Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
- Retention. We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your personal information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
- Information Security We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
- International Visitors. Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States (“U.S.”). If you choose to use our Services from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the UK to the United States and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform our Services that you have requested from us, or with your consent. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. To obtain additional information on the transfers, please contact us using the contact information below.
- Update Your Information. You can update your account and profile information through your profile settings or by writing or emailing us at our contact information provided below.
RANGE Smart Home App
- Your name, email address, location, user’s phone or contact book data, user’s inventory of installed apps associated or used in conjunction with the Smart Home App, and user’s screen recording;
- Browser information and session cookies related to your access and use of the App;
- Data insights RANGE attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the App, which may be used in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats or to obtain trend analytics, to provide the App; and
- Use of the above-described collected information in aggregated and dis-aggregated formats to enhance our current App or to provide App features.
How RANGE Uses the App Information
- Provide you with the App as described in the Agreement;
- Implement, improve and/or enhance the App, including to make future releases available to you;
- Enforce RANGE’S rights arising from the Range Smart Home App Agreement between you and RANGE; and
- Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the App.
RANGE does not disclose, sell, trade, or share Users’ information collected from the Smart Home App to third parties.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using our Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
2325 Front Street
Forsyth, MT 59327
Updated July 2023