|FLSA Status Non-Exempt||Location Ashland, MT & Dubois, WY|
|Date June 4, 2021||Closing Open Until Filled|
Places and maintains cable within underground conduit system. Places direct buried cable using plowing, digging, boring and trenching equipment. Installs and removes aerial cable. Operates light and heavy equipment. Splices, terminates, and maintains cable, including copper and fiber-optic cable. Identifies, counts, prepares, and splices groups of pairs. Mounts demarcation devices and protectors at customer premises. Connects customer drop cable to the Central Office cable system. Wires load coil and other devices into subscriber’s loop plant. Transfers service from one cable or terminal to another. Installs Central Office feeder and distribution cable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Places direct buried cable by operating plowing, digging, boring and trenching equipment. Maintains buried cable by testing and repairing cable. Restores all disturbed surfaces including concrete and pavement surfaces to acceptable condition. Performs related construction tasks as required.
- Places and replaces aerial cable by installing and removing aerial cable and strands, attaching hardware, inspecting and fixing lines and poles, and changing out poles and old lines as needed.
- Operates light and heavy equipment. Maintains heavy equipment by performing or scheduling routine and emergency maintenance.
- Places, splices and tests new fiber and copper cables and facilities. Places and splices terminals. Maintains and repairs existing cable plant including copper and fiber optic lines by locating faults in the course of cutover and conversion processes.
- Installs protectors and demarcation devices at customer premises in accordance with company standards.
- Follows all company, local, state, and federal safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS one year experience in telephone plant operations, construction and/or equipment maintenance preferred.
Driver’s license with CDL endorsements. (Must obtain within 90 days of hire.)
Range Low Voltage Electrical Certificate
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA. Travel and overtime will be required on occasion
Send resume with cover letter to: