MSP Business Systems Tech
|Department||Supervisor Business Development Manager|
|FLSA Status Non-Exempt||Location Sheridan, WY|
|Date April 6, 2021||Closing Open Until Filled|
Installs, tests, programs, repairs, maintains, and assists in selling multi-line telephone systems, hosted PBXs, camera systems, data transmission equipment, applications and associated peripheral equipment including private and switchless services and applications. Services and applications might include telephone system equipment, including IP telephone systems, data equipment, inside wiring, and other MSP related product installation and maintenance. Conducts acceptance tests after installation of new equipment. Repairs trouble in maintained equipment and will be required on occasion to assist MSP Technician. Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing, facility and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to install, test, program, repair, and maintain multi-line telephone systems, hosted PBXs, camera systems, data transmission equipment, applications, services and associated peripheral equipment.
- Use computers to set up electronic systems and applications.
- Keep detailed written record of your activities.
- Install and maintain routers, switches and firewalls.
- Install modems, special circuit equipment, PBX business systems and applications to complete VoIP installations.
- Evaluate customer’s communications needs and recommend additional products/services when appropriate.
- Determines routes for and may install inside wiring and cabling.
- Prepares job specifications and may assist with drafting bids.
- May also be required to install, program, repair, and maintain other non-regulated equipment and services.
- Uses standard and special purpose hand tools and test equipment to troubleshoot, analyze, repair and/or remove and replace defective telephonic equipment.
- Conducts acceptance tests after installation of new equipment and repairs trouble in maintained equipment.
- Complies with all industry standards, safety rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates and works with sales department regarding walk through and installation of Key/PBX systems.
- Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing, facility and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
- Provides any necessary information for billing purposes.
- Interprets wiring diagrams, service manuals, manufacturer technical data and other technical publications.
- Attends and participates in company safety and training meetings.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma PLUS two to three years of experience as a Key/PBX, Hosted PBX, or Network Technician.
- A valid Driver’s License is required
- Range Low Voltage Electrical Certificate
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and Career Opportunity Form to: