Senior Accountant-Payroll Specialist
|Department Finance||Supervisor Controller|
|FLSA Status Non-Exempt||Location Forsyth, MT|
|Date February 16, 2021||Closing Open Until Filled|
Maintains a significant portion of the Company’s accounts and accounting records. Maintains work orders for accuracy and closing to the capital accounts and CPR’s. Maintain and perform all payroll functions for the Company. Works closely with the controller on projects assigned with respect to audits, year-end annual reports, cost study information preparation and data requests as they come up. Maintain ledgers and accounting records relevant to payroll in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Develop, maintain, and manipulate databases and spreadsheets as required. Maintains inventory records and balances inventory counts to physical counts at year end.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes all payroll functions for Range. Ensures timely reporting of information to the states/the federal authorities and the IRS.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers by entering various transaction information regarding transactions, preparing journal entries, and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Primarily responsible to close out work orders to general ledger. Maintains continuing property records (CPR’s) on mainframe and PC. Works closely with engineering and plant departments to research work order inquiries/discrepancies. Reconciles CPR detail to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Completes monthly analysis of plant and reserve amounts. Assists with completion of monthly and annual reports that require plant related information.
- Generates month and year-end audit work papers.
- Assists in gathering and analyzing data for cost studies as requested.
- Responsible to meet various federal and state reporting requirements with respect to areas in the annual reports for Montana and Wyoming.
- Prepares and files associated correspondence to federal and state agencies.
- Perform accurate and technical work in the preparation and processing of payroll for all employee groups
- Ensure integrity of employee privacy
- Maintain and reconcile payroll accounts and records in accordance with established guidelines and procedures
- Maintains inventory records from material used, purchased, salvaged, etc. Balance inventory physical counts to computer ledger accounts at year end.
- Complete associated monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in a multi-state environment
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience, PLUS three to five years of payroll processing and reporting experience. Multi-state payroll experience and additional Telco or related utility experience preferred. Note: In absence of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, equivalent experience qualifies with 10 years accounting experience.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and Career Opportunity Form to: