|Department Accounting||Supervisor CONTROLLER- FORSYTH|
|FLSA Status Non-Exempt||Location Sheridan, WY; or Forsyth, MT|
|Date November 18, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Maintains a significant portion of the Company’s accounts and accounting records. Maintains general ledger. Examines a variety of financial statements and transactions for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformity with established accounting classifications. Files state and federal reports with the appropriate agencies, coordinates and reconciles the annual physical inventory of telecom equipment and assisting with general accounting functions such as ongoing audit work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers by entering various transaction information regardingtransactions, preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and allocating revenues andexpenses among accounts and budgets.
- Primarily responsible to close out work orders to general ledger. Maintains continuing property records(CPR’s) on Outside Plant and Central Office Equipment. Works closely with engineering and plantdepartments to research work order inquiries/discrepancies. Reconciles CPR detail to general ledger ona monthly basis.
- Responsible for coordinating and reconciling the annual physical inventory of Outside Plant and CentralOffice Equipment throughout our exchanges.
- Completes monthly analysis of plant and reserve amounts. Assists with completion of monthly andannual reports that require plant related information.
- Generates month and year end audit work papers.
- Acts as liaison with consultants in regard to financial matters and compiles data as requested.
- Assists in gathering and analyzing data for cost studies and access tariff filings as requested. Analyzesnew methods, procedures and agreements to ensure maximum revenues for company.
- Responsible to meet various federal and state reporting requirements.
- Prepares and files associated correspondence to federal and state agencies.
- Assist with development of annual budget.
- Completes property tax reports annually.
- Completes the annual insurance renewal requirements and assists with insurance claims when needed.Manages Company’s mobile phone plans and devices.
- Back up to the customer service when needed. Answer phones and communicate with customers.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Management*.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of timespent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience, PLUS three to five years of experience related to duties contained in this job description preferred. A combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree at the company’s discretion.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.