|FLSA Status Non-Exempt||Location Ashland or Lame Deer, MT|
|Date January 12, 2021||Closing Open Until Filled|
Install, maintain and service member premise equipment within a fiber or copper network. Provide support to all customers and potential customers during the installation and repair process. Service and understand the facilities of the network and the fiber optic, wireless, and copper infrastructure. Performs customer (residential and business) premise networking to ensure optimal coverage of wired and wireless broadband and voice services as it pertains to modems, routers, firewalls, customer purchased equipment, and smart devices, Key/PBX systems, and etc. Partners with all departments and network support in providing the highest quality on-premises service to both residential and business clients. Ability to communicate effectively and politely with customers and staff. Complete all installation, records, and repair-related forms and reports. Locate and splice communications cable. Operate equipment to install aerial or buried cable. Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively encourage teamwork, open communication, and cooperative interaction by promoting a positive work environment that reflects the company’s mission and values.
- Handle all information in an unbiased and confidential manner.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all products and services offered by Range.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and working environment to ensure the safety of all employees, vendors, and customers.
- Keeps abreast of technology changes and industry regulations as related to telecommunications.
- Assists in implementation or removal of optical, wireless, and copper network equipment.
- Communicates with customers, business contacts, and all Company employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Repair and maintenance of buried and aerial facilities
- Installation and repair of customer’s (residential and business) voice and broadband services.
- Performs customer (residential and business) premise networking to ensure optimal coverage of wired and wireless broadband and voice services as it pertains to modems, routers, firewalls, customer purchased equipment, and smart devices, Key/PBX systems, and etc.
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Assists in installation of fixed wireless solutions for customer Broadband needs.
- Assist Outside Plant, Central Office, Network, Wireless, Engineering and IT Technicians with troubleshooting and other job duties, as necessary.
- Performs underground cable locating as needed.
- Performs On-Call duty when implemented and assigned by the Company.
- Promotes the sale of Company products, services, and features and educates customers on the use of equipment.
- Maintain generators in service area.
- Clean and maintain buildings and grounds in service area, including cleaning and maintaining batteries, cutting weeds, etc.
- Keep company vehicle and tools clean and maintained.
- Submit sketches and measurements and make staking sheets when assigned.
- Operate equipment to install aerial or buried facilities.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree or equivalent in IT, Telecom, or electronics PLUS five years of related experience/training. Certifications or experience equivalent in networking, network and hardware repair preferred. Candidates with strong troubleshooting and computer skills preferred. A combination of education and experience may be substituted at the company’s discretion.
- Valid driver’s license
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and Career Opportunity Form to: