|FLSA Status Exempt||Location Forsyth, MT; Sheridan, WY; Worland, WY; Dubois, WY|
|Date June 4, 2021||Closing Open Until Filled|
This position is responsible for all aspects of the Range Inside Plant (ISP), Access and Optical Transport Networks (OTN); to include Subscriber Access, DWDM/CWDM and SONET transport, Multiplexing, Switching, Aggregation, Network Interface Devices (NID), and all other Optical Network Elements (ONE) necessary to support the reliable delivery of voice, video, Ethernet, Internet Protocol (IP) and wireless communications services. Serves on Range Corporate planning teams and assists in the engineering of Range Corporate projects as requested. Assists in the development of annual capital and expense budgets, and supports Accounting with material inventory and tracking functions. Maintains current knowledge of new technologies and systems as they are developed. Interacts primarily with company personnel and vendors, and occasionally with customers. Carries out responsibilities with minimal supervision. Comply with all policies and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook, Safety Manual, HIPAA Security Policy, Company Security Policy, and with departmental policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all company proprietary information. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisory personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
1 – Responsible for assessment, planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of the Range Inside Plant (ISP)and Optical Transport Network (OTN).
- Translating business requirements to technical network design specifications for implementation
- Provide technical guidance for all Subscriber Access and OTN related issues and escalations
- Work together with technical staff and project management
- Assesses industry standards, and where appropriate, incorporates them into the Range ISP and OTN design best practices
- Assist with developing fiber standards and acceptance criteria for transport network and dark fiber
- Assist with developing standards for FTTx Access network designs and deployments
- Work with Range OSP Engineers to improve fiber loss, reflectance, and other issues related to optical transmission and FTTx networks
- Follow vendor product road maps and prepare project plans for deployment of systems to meet future needs
- Assist with the building of quality control around special circuit delivery, broadband deployment, and middle and/or last mile networks.
- Audit FTTx and OTN, document findings, recommend improvements as needed
- Design, implement and maintain special circuits on the Range Networks
- Maintain updated Design Layout Records (DLR) of all special circuits on the Range OTN and/or last mile facilities
- Maintains central office and ISP connectivity records in Range database system(s)
- Assists Range employees and other departments to provide technical guidance and coordinates activities associated with maintenance activities on the Range OTN and ONE’s • Assists with notifications of all maintenance and outage activities to Range MSA/SLA customers
2- Performs Copper, FTTx and Optical network assessments and assists in short term and long-range planning for budget purposes.
- Reviews network traffic, usage, and capacity data to assess needs for new equipment or upgrades on a routine basis and makes recommendations for projects to be included in the annual budget.
- Assists in the preparation of short term and long-range planning documents, including projections of growth and demand for existing and new services.
- Maintains records, as necessary, to accurately carry out all network planning
3 – Coordinates joint activities with other company departments, employees, vendors, and contractors as required.
- Interacts with employees and other departments to provide technical guidance and coordinates activities associated with the design and implementation of the Range Inside Plant and Special Circuit Projects.
- Shares problem resolution, best practices, tips-of-the-trade, and lessons learned with employees to capitalize on experience and expertise for maximum benefit across company operations.
- Assists with training company employees as requested on topics related to job functions.
- Presents information to management and makes recommendations for changes and resources (hardware, software, training) required to maintain and/or improve the Range OTN and last mile networks.
- Supports Accounting functions by accurately managing inventory from purchase to deployment
4 – Comply with all policies and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook, Safety Manual, Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) Policy, Company Security Policy, and with departmental policies and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of all company proprietary information.
5 – Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field PLUS six years of experience in a combination of network and central office equipment design, installation, testing, and maintenance. NOTE: In absence of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, equivalent experience qualifies with 6 years of experience in communications and/or network engineering with emphasis on network and central office engineering.
A valid driver’s license is required.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. This is an Exempt position, not subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and Career Opportunity Form to: