|FLSA Status Non-Exempt||Location Sheridan, WY|
|Date January 12, 2021||Closing Open Until Filled|
Plans, designs and prepares drawing and staking sheets for new fiber optic routes in support of advanced service offerings. Analyzes capacity of available and existing lines, forecasts or estimates projected requirements to determine new construction or rearrangements and removals required. Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings and estimates labor and material costs. Prepares, negotiates and secures necessary permits, easements, and rights-of-way. Conducts inspections on contractors to ensure that projects are being constructed according to the Plans and Specifications and conforms to the project’s contractual requirements. Completes close out of project work orders ensuring accurate as-built information is provided on maps and in records, material accounting and recording of easements and right-of-way. Prepares and coordinates with Sales department on engineering estimates and Network expansion. Maintain knowledge of copper, fiber optic, access design, wide area networks, and project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design, and prepare drawings and staking sheets for new and future construction, removal or rearrangement of existing underground lines, cable and conduits to meet or exceed standards and specifications;
- Operate CAD and Mapcom systems M4;
- Coordinate and oversee construction projects and work orders to completion;
- Work with field personnel;
- Select routing of lines and determine equipment requirements as appropriate;
- Prepare detailed construction and installation drawings using CAD and Mapcom systems; maintain knowledge and operation of global positioning system;
- Writes cut sheets for cut-overs in fiber outside plant configurations.
- Prepare cost analysis on projects.
- Research ownership and secure right-of-way from local, state, federal agencies and private individuals for present and future projects; maintain personal, phone and written contact with local, state, federal agencies and general public and fellow workers;
- Inventory all construction materials, working closely with accounting; review invoices and verify units placed against proposed work order; and input necessary information into work order system to include revising and updating plant records;
- May work with operations personnel on repairs and installing of facilities when needed;
- Research, order, load/unload, deliver project materials;
- Submits accurate timesheets, mileage reports, gas tickets, materials, expense sheets, and construction drawings in a timely manner;
- Attend and participate in company safety & training meetings; use protective equipment and observe safety practices and procedures;
- Attend and participate in safety and meetings and training opportunities;
- Must work effectively as a team player.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in electronics and/or engineering or equivalent experience PLUS three to five years of telephone engineering or telephone plant experience. Access Engineering and networking knowledge preferred.
A valid driver’s license is required. May be required to be a commissioned Notary Public.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and Career Opportunity Form to: